Momentum Fueled by IP Lifecycle Management and Traceability for the Enterprise
San Francisco, CA, February 14, 2019 – Methodics Inc, the leader in Intellectual Property Lifecycle Management (IPLM) and traceability solutions for semiconductor design, today reported 5 consecutive years of greater than 50% growth per year from 2014 through 2018. The consistent rise in revenue is due to adoption of its solutions by many new customers including migration from competitor tools as well as multi-year renewals and expansion within Methodics’ existing customer base.
Over the past 5 years, semiconductor companies have found it mission-critical to implement design reuse strategies across their organizations in order to meet time-to-market, financial, and profitability goals while also facing tougher competition to design and produce ever more complex designs.
As design elements and IPs are being reused in different chips, a further challenge is the need to track all IP assets and to prove compliance with Functional Safety (FuSa) and security standards. The Methodics’ Percipient platform provides the scalability and traceability required to meet these needs worldwide, across the enterprise.
“The past 5 years have been phenomenal for Methodics. As large companies have recognized the need to reuse assets and to track when and where all assets are being used, they have turned to us to meet those needs,” said Simon Butler, President and CEO. “As we enter 2019, we see even more emphasis on the need for traceability as industry standards such as ISO26262, DO-254 and others are putting strict requirements for design traceability on suppliers. When customers create their designs within the Percipient platform, traceability can be easily achieved – it’s not an after-thought where assets must be tracked in spreadsheets or other manual ways. Traceability is a natural benefit of the Percipient methodology.”
Methodics was founded in 2007. As the premier provider of IP Lifecycle Management, Methodics has been profitable since inception and has experienced steady revenue growth entirely through sales without the need for any outside funding.
Highlights of Methodics achievements in 2018 include:
- Continued year-over-year growth in revenue and in numbers of users in all regions, including the U.S., Asia/Pacific, and EMEA,
- 100% retention of existing customers and significant expansion in existing accounts,
- A large number of new customers attributable to displacing competitor products,
- The announcement that Maxim Integrated chose Percipient as the IP Lifecycle Management platform to increase efficiency and productivity across worldwide design teams,
- The first-ever Methodics User Group meeting with a keynote presentation by Intel and other presentations by Maxim Integrated, Silicon Labs, and Analog Devices,
- The signing of a software and technology partnership with Siemens,
- An expansion of the technology and reseller partnership with Perforce to provide a more tightly integrated solution to address both the semiconductor and the embedded design marketplace,
- The signing of a distribution agreement in December, 2018 with Innotech – one of the most respected companies in the electronics and semiconductor markets in Japan to support the important customer base there,
- Major new releases of the flagship product, Percipient, for IP Lifecycle Management and Traceability,
- Major new releases of VersIC, the software client to meet the specialized needs of analog/mixed-signal designers within Percipient, and
- A major new release of the designer workspace and storage optimization solution, WarpStor, to meet the needs of Windows-based users.
“From the beginning, our growth has been driven by our guiding principle to help our customers achieve success in their goals, and this past year was no exception. In addition to maintaining strong relationships with existing customers, we look forward to working with many new customers in 2019 and beyond,” concluded Simon.